Irish Rail Telecoms Workshop re-roofing contract secured by GRSL’s Building Division
Global Rail Services (GRSL) has been awarded a contract with Irish Rail to complete the re-roofing at its Telecoms Workshop based at the Railway Works in Inchicore.
Inchicore, west of Dublin’s city centre, is the principal locomotive and carriage works of Irish Rail, where locomotives, diesel railcars and rolling stock are maintained.
The Telecoms Workshop is an industrial building dating back to the 19th century, and is located within the Railway Works yard.
As part of the project, GRSL’s building division will provide the following services:
- Stripping of and safely removing the roof covering, including corrugated asbestos sheeting
- Installation of a temporary weatherproof decking to protect the equipment and archives in the building
- Making good and installing replacement timber roof trusses and valley boards to match existing
- Repairs to the timber structure
- Installation of a new roof covering throughout the building
- Installation of new rainwater goods
- Construction of new below-ground drainage and repairs to existing drainage
GRSL was awarded the scheme through competitive tender following a successful pre-qualification process.
Discussing the contract award, General Manager Tom Staunton, said: “This is another fantastic contract win for GRSL and is further evidence of our growing reputation as a leading multi-disciplinary rail infrastructure contractor for Irish mainline and metro rail systems.
“Delivering safely and producing the highest quality are the very cornerstones of our works delivery teams and will therefore, be our primary concern as we supply a new roofing solution to this important communications building at the Railway Works in Inchicore. The scheme will require a wide range of our building expertise and will call on our in-house team’s vast experience to successfully deliver for our client, Irish Rail.”