GRA Networks Ireland installs new mast for Irish Defence Forces
GRA Networks Ireland has announced its appointment as the preferred supplier of construction services for Kona, on behalf of the Irish Defence Forces.
GRA Networks Ireland was appointed to install a new mast at Renmore Barracks, Galway, after the previous 65m lattice mast failed its structural analysis test. Kona won the tender for the decommission of this tower, appointing GRA Networks Ireland to assemble and install the new 65-metre tower, with works including:
- assembly of tower sections at ground level;
- turing of all sections;
- pre-erection checks to ensure sections are built correctly and line up perfectly;
- erection of the mast using a 100-tonne crane;
- torqueing of flange plate bolts to specification;
- transferring of army dipole antennae from a temporary site onto the new tower;
- and installation of a half-inch feeder cable, with cable management, on the tower to army communications room.
GRA Networks Ireland is a multi-disciplined provider offering a comprehensive suite of services including design, construction, installation, commissioning and maintenance of both fixed line and mobile communications networks.
As a full service telecommunications contractor, GRA Networks Ireland provides a comprehensive range of services from upgrading existing infrastructure, to building new mobile phone towers and other wireless network infrastructure.