Global Rail Construction Secures Civil Works at Kettering
Railway Civil Engineering Contractor, Global Rail Construction Limited (GRCL), has been awarded a sub-contract on behalf of Amey Plc at Kettering Station.
Works include the management, procurement and installation of 5No x 260m long reinforced concrete siding walkways, including access ramps and a retaining wall at Kettering Station Sidings. Access for these works necessitates the requirement for works to be completed by concrete pump or with the use of Road Rail Vehicles (RRV’s). All works will be completed during normal daytime working.
The sub-base and track construction being installed by Amey will be completed in advance of GRCL’s walkway construction.
There are two projects ongoing at Kettering:
- Creation of Kettering Electric Stabling (KES) depot to provide a light maintenance and stabling facility for electric rolling stock to run between London St Pancras and Corby and
- Station improvement works will see platform extensions and electrification of the railway lines to accommodate electric trains from May 2020 and;
These rail projects form part of the wider Midland Mainline Programme which, from 2020, will enable improved services between Corby, Kettering and London – with over 1000 additional extra seats into London during the peak, an increase of around 50% and faster intercity journey times on greener trains.
GRCL’s works will commence in August 2019 and will be completed by the end of year.
UK MD, Marco Lombardelli, also added;
“As an approved supplier to Amey, we are pleased to be working together again.
“Global Rail Construction’s capabilities support the latest technology, management and engineering know-how, which will allow us to deliver this rail project and our services to the highest standards of quality and safety.”
GRCL applies its skills to railway new build, refurbishment and maintenance projects, activities include:
- Condition and dilapidation surveys
- Demolition and remediation
- Temporary works
- Utility services enabling and diversion
- Ground and site investigation
- Site excavation and enabling works
- New build and refurbishment (Sub-Stations, Platforms, Station buildings)
- Road construction
- Embankment works and retaining structures
- In-situ and precast concreting works
Learn more about our Civil and Structural Engineering capabilities here: https://www.theglobalinfrastructuregroup.com/global-rail-construction/what-we-do/civil-and-structural-engineering-and-building/