GRCL awarded CP6 Design Framework
We are pleased to announce that Global Rail Construction Limited (GRCL), has been successful with its tender for the Designer Tier 2 Framework Agreement with BAM.
The design team provided a compelling offer, evidencing the following:
- How safe design and specifying has been previously achieved on its projects;
- The organisation’s in-house design and railway engineering capacity;
- How engineering assurance has been applied to previous projects;
- How digital approaches are integrated into its work;
GRCL also provided some initiatives in relation to provisions for diversity and inclusion across the business and some working examples of how inclusivity has made a difference.
The contract will extend throughout Network Rail’s Control Period 6 (CP6), covering BAM’s Southern Multi-Disciplinary (SMD) Framework and GRCL will be providing Design services on a call off basis for a five-year period.
Delighted GRCL Design Manager, Richard Horsted added:
“This is great news and testament to the efforts of the entire team. We have made impressive strides with our design and consultancy development recently, and this latest success is reward for the fruits of our labour.”
Our design and consultancy division constantly adapt to new technology and innovation.
State-of-the-art 3D CAD systems are used to assist with analysis and design, providing significant advantages for clients by lowering project costs and reducing programmes timescales.
Our in-house activities include:
- Civil engineering and structural design
- Mechanical, electrical and power design
- Telecoms design
- CAD drafting and design including 3D modelling
- Independent design reviews