Thameslink Points Heating Success – Design and Installation Works
Global Rail Construction Limited has secured a Points Heating remedial contract with BAM on the Thameslink Project. The E&P design and build package of works, forms part of a requirement to upgrade and rectify the railway systems infrastructure to support the capacity improvements recently made in the London Bridge area.
The 26-week programme, includes an 8-week procurement period in order to secure all necessary RCM equipment and parts for the project and covers the following activities:
- Preparatory investigation and surveying including:
- A detailed review of as-built records
- Reviewing and assessing of current designs
- Correlation of the RCM installation
- Design works which covers:
- Collation of survey data to determine the scope
- Civils design
- E&P design
- Installation works:
- Civil Engineering works
- Electrical works
- Cabling, Jointing and termination works
- PHCC/RCM Remedial works and commissioning
- Removal and replacement of CT boards
- Mechanical fixing and installation of new CT’s
- Installation of new Aerials
- Installation of new circuitry (MCB’s, CT’s, Terminals, Labels)
- Installation of DCU 390 PH – Data Loggers
- Environmental testing (Hot & Cold Probes)
- Commissioning, configuration checking and final testing
- The provision of as-built information including O&M data
The 6-week design and survey period commenced this month, with the remainder of the contract works being completed by late September 2020. Installation works will be undertaken during a standard 5-day working week and activities will be worked concurrently in order to meet the required project milestones.
Mechanical & electrical services provided by Global Rail Construction are constantly upgraded through training and development and are consistently delivered to the highest specification.
Design and project management of these specialist services are deployed on projects such as sub-station refurbishment and new build, station refurbishment and new build, signalling equipment room fit-outs, station platforms and car park lighting.