UK team awarded contract on Cambridge Area Resignalling Project
Global Rail Construction Limited is delighted to have been awarded a 3-year sub-contract programme of GRIP 6-8 railway civil engineering works, directly on behalf of valued client and Cambridge Resignalling Principal Contractor and Designer, Alstom.
The scheme is a condition led renewal, where a significant number of level crossings will be either renewed or modified as part of the project. The scope covers the following areas, controlled by Cambridge, Dullingham, Chippenham Junction, Bury St Edmunds, and Colchester signal boxes.
This prestigious civils project has been awarded to our UK team, following previous successful delivery by the company of both GRIP 4 Surveys and GRIP 5 Advanced Civils Works.
The GRIP 6-8 installation activities include:
- Civil foundations for signalling, electrical and telecoms lineside assets
- Civil works for all level crossing upgrades/conversions inclusive of railway, stations, and highway works
- Dullingham Station platform extension
- Demolition of redundant signal boxes
The programme covers 4-key commissioning stages leading to completion in December 2024 and will require Global Rail Construction to interface with Alstom’s Lead Engineer and provide input into other disciplines requirements/deliverables. GRCL will provide competent management and staff to ensure that the works meet the required Network Rail standards and meet the expected level of quality, to assist Alstom with the production and verification enabling the sign off of the Engineering Completion Certificates for all works.
Global Rail Construction Limited provide UK civil and structural design and build engineering solutions from initial project planning and design, to enabling works covering site surveys, hazard and environmental assessments, procurement, onsite construction, and equipment installation, through to final commissioning.
The company is flexible in its approach and can undertake civil engineering projects on a turnkey, consultancy, main contract, sub-contract, or resource supply basis to meet each individual client’s requirement.
Skills are applied to new build, refurbishment, and maintenance projects – activities include:
- Condition and dilapidation surveys
- Demolition and remediation
- Temporary works
- Utility services enabling and diversion
- Ground and site investigation
- Site excavation and enabling works
- New build and refurbishment (Sub-Stations, Platforms, Station buildings)
- Road construction
- Embankment works and retaining structures
- In-situ and precast concreting works