Global Rail Construction Limited’s Design Team Picks Up Award
We are delighted to announce that Global Rail Construction Limited’s design team, have been awarded a contract with Alstom covering the GRIP 4 civils design for the Swinderby Resignalling Scheme. The design programme is now underway, with Scheme Plans and Level Crossing Ground Plans due to be submitted in July and the completion of GRIP 4 in September 2020.
The team have successfully supported Alstom on a number of schemes in the past, including the Design and Build civils programme for the East Notts Modular Resignalling Scheme GRIP 5-8 works, which covered eleven Level Crossings.
The Swinderby Resignalling Scheme comprises the Resignalling and Recontrol of the Swinderby Signalling area. It will include the conversion of 4 Level Crossings and the Renewal of Swinderby Road AHB to AHB- X.
GRCL’s GRIP 4 Civil Design works will cover:
- Non-intrusive site walkouts to areas of all works affected by scope
- Confirmation if any local services are required to be modified/rerouted
- Geotechnical Design/Ground Investigation report for all renewed/upgraded level crossings
- Geotechnical assessment surveys to reduce risk of unexpected ground conditions for new signal and locations.
- A Topographical survey of all renewed/upgraded level crossings, and a sample of REB’s, PSP, ASP, and new signal locations.
- IBJ Surveys
- Environmental/ecological surveys
- Provision of a Design CRE for design authority sign off
- Civil design submissions (Forms 001/002 and 003)
- Design Certificates
- Details, calculations, drawings
- AFC Designs accepted
- Input into DRN responses
- Design Logs
- Designer Risk Assessments
The GRIP 4 design submissions for F001’s and F002’s will be grouped in accordance with the technical content i.e. signal bases will have their own submission, level crossing ground plans will have their own submission and at each design stage an IDC meeting will be carried out.
The design programme will be directed and managed from award to completion by the GRCL’s Design Manager. The Design Manager and Design team will be supported by Head Office resources. The team will be supported by a Ground Plan Designer, who will be embedded into the Civils Design Team. This will help to ensure that the ground plan AIP submission will have considered the necessary civils elements, eliminating the potential for issues that can occur when the design processes are separate.
Global Infrastructure Group’s design and consultancy division constantly adapts to new technology and innovation.
State-of-the-art computer-aided design and simulation systems are used to assist with analysis and design, providing significant advantages for clients by lowering project costs and reducing programmes timescales.
Our in-house activities include:
- Civil engineering and structural design
- Mechanical, electrical and power design
- Telecoms design
- CAD drafting and design including 3D modelling
- Independent design reviews